The American Lebanese Cultural Center offers scholarships as a part of our overall mission to encourage and promote excellence in undergraduate education and beyond. The 2019 scholarship recipients will be announced during the upcoming Lebanese Festival in Houston on March 23 & 24, 2019.
- High school graduating seniors who plan to attend college during the upcoming fall semester.
- Undergraduate students, who are currently enrolled full-time in a four-year college program, are qualified if they are in their junior year or below.
- All candidates must submit a 2 page essay addressing “The Role of a Lebanese Immigrant in American Society”. The Candidate must be the sole writer of the essay and must sign and date as such.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form by the posted deadline.
- If your application is to be considered on a need basis, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist in the process.
- For high school seniors, you must submit official transcripts and records showing grade point average (GPA), class ranking, and SAT scores. Candidates must also submit a copy of his or her college acceptance letter.
- College Candidates must submit official transcripts and records showing current and cumulative GPA. In addition, the Candidate must provide a proof of full-time enrollment.
The completed application, official transcripts and records, essay, and other documents must be received via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 2, 2019. Using data collected from the scholarship application, the Scholarship Committee reviews qualified applicants based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria relevant to our assessment matrix.
Scholarships are in the amount of $1,000 per semester. They are not renewed automatically, but are awarded on a semester by semester basis. In order to qualify for continued participation in the scholarship program, each continuing candidate must maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 and must submit official transcripts and a proof of full-time enrollment. The transcript must show both current and cumulative GPA. Scholarship recipients are required to volunteer 10 hours per semester with the ALCC in various functions.